Wednesday 8 February 2017

How Facebook Almost Destroyed My Marriage

Guest blogger Dawn wanted to share with you how Facebook was used to hurt and damage her marriage. 


A few months back my husband came home from work and told me about how he had asked the wife of an old high school buddy if her husband had email(on Facebook). The wife soon told him they were divorced, but it didn’t end there. She went on about how she was sexually abused and abused by him and then she remarried someone else and he sexually abused her daughter. My husband told me all of this conversation.  I told my husband to be careful because she was giving too much intimate information and she could be trying to suck him into her life.
My husband, feeling very secure in our loving wonderful marriage of 12 years said I was right and he would be careful.
Well, unknown to me the conversations kept going and going.  My husband says he thought he was helping her by listening. She just kept sucking him in by heaping on the personal information.  After awhile I started having this strange feeling that something wasn’t right. I had my husband’s password to his account (because we trust each other and wanted to be accountable) on Facebook. So about 11:30am during the weekday(with a strong feeling), I logged on his account and looked at his messages.  What I didn’t realize was he was chatting with her right then! I stopped breathing for a second, I felt my whole world spin out of control.
This is what I read.
“I’m sorry you’re hurting” my husband we will call him Jack (not his real name)
“I hurt all the time, people have said they love me but they don’t really.” the woman I will call her Sue (not her real name)
“I love you” Jack
“I wish I was with you, I have been hurt so much” Sue
“I just want to hold you in my arms and carry you close to me” Jack “You are my everything. I want to make everything alright for you.”
“I wish I could hear your voice right now and feel your arms” Sue
“I’m singing to you right now. “You are my sunshine my only sunshine you make me happy when skies are blue you never know dear how much I love you…” Jack
This is where I called him and told he was a cheat and yelled at him. I called him a cheat, a liar and I don’t know what else. I was so angry and devastated. I was still in front of the computer and as I was talking to him he wrote to her…
“I got to go somehow my wife found our conversations I deleted. I will talk later. Love you.” Jack
Sue wrote, “Uh oh, you’re in trouble now.”
I wondered what was in the deleted conversations?


Read More













No comments:

Post a Comment